Five Ways to Well-being: feeling good and functioning well.
1. Connect – connect with friends and pets. Talking can help us to feel connected with our loved ones, creating a family or social group chat or support group. Use your voice to sing, then maybe dance. Being kind to our bodies and mind helps to keep us well.
2. Learning – I wonder what I could learn today. Answer – something that will provide satisfaction, not perfection. Have you ever wondered about _________? Now is a good time to explore your wonderment.
3. Active - exercise works wonders! 5K on the couch doesn’t compute. A short break outside refreshes. A healthy lifestyle includes a healthy diet, exercise, and sleep. And don’t rule out an active mind with crossword puzzles, sudoku, and reading.
4. Notice – Be mindful in the moment. How can I practice slowing down and pausing more often?
5. Give – Sharing and Caring. This could be a good time to send a card to a loved one to brighten their day. Try to think of three to five things you’re grateful for and note them down: seeing them on paper often helps you to remember these things during more difficult moments. Your gratefulness may morph into giving.
Five Ways to Wellbeing - Mental Health Foundation
Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust (GMMH) provides inpatient and community-based mental health care in England.