As Young As You Feel Day
Mar 22, 2022 by Eileen Adler
- Volunteering is a great way to interact with others and give back to the community at the same time. By choosing activities that are personally rewarding, you may discover similar benefits. You may even learn something new!
- Join the club! Start by looking for an organization that caters to one or more of your interests — be it a hobby, favorite philanthropy, or lunch-bunch.
- Challenge yourself to learn something new – hit the books because you want to.
- Pick a new hobby or revisit one you used to do. Whatever you choose, make it meaningful.
- “Nature itself is the best physician,” advised Hippocrates so head outdoors. Renew your inner glow with a day to celebrate – YOU! “It’s never overreacting to ask for what you want and need.” Amy Poehler
- Get physical with exercise because it's never too late to start!
- Can you come out and play? There's no better way to feel young than to spend time with those who are. Youth is cute! There are endless ways for generations to play and learn together. “It's never too late to have a happy childhood.” said Tom Robbins
- A break in the same-old same-old is refreshing – step out of your normal routine. A day date, a long weekend, a trip – plan a new way to spend the day. “My favorite thing is to go where I've never been,” said Diane Arbus. Plan a little romantic time – just the two of you. Share a candlelit dinner, create a thoughtful, homemade gift, or dance the night away to your favorite song.
- A day to pamper – a new hairdo, a mani-pedi, a good workout, a day with friends, a massage – this is your day to indulge. True self-care is not soft baths and chocolate cake; it’s making a choice to build a life.